Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Queen's Sampler by Darlene O'sheen



Again, I didn't understand what's involved in stitching a sampler until I've started this, I realised that both the right and wrong side will turn up similar if the stitching is executed with care, I'd followed the instructions and with the help of DOS "The Proper Stitch". As you can see, at first I didn't understand and my first band of alphabets wasn't done correctly, i.e. I should not carry the floss across to another letter but end each one and start again, hmm, I will have to frog it at a later stage. It is very time consuming, but I learnt so much from stitching this bit, I wasn't sure about the Acorn band which is why I left it. This is done on 36ct Edin. linen with 1 over 2 using silk floss (NPI & Vikki Clayton). The top picture is the back of work.

1 comment:

Georgie said...

Wow Lynn, your back is neater than mine. And the colours are just wonderful